|Image by Ingrid Mida 2012, Quote by Thomas J. Watson|
Life seems to have a rhythm of its own and fate sometimes seems to laugh in my face. I hardly know what to expect in 2012. I've already had two disappointments -- a grant application was turned down and a proposal rejected. And yet I know that I also have much to look forward to. I will keep my fingers crossed for the Fashion Tales research symposium in Milan and that my article on Fashion and Art will be accepted for publication in Dress Journal. What I do know for sure is that 2012 will include:
1. Research for my thesis (still in the proposal stage)
2. An exhibition of my work at Loop Gallery in May-June 2012
3. A trip to Versailles and Paris in the spring with Opera Atelier
4. A summer of research at the Royal Ontario Museum
5. The Metropolitan Museum of Art's Costume Institute exhibition on Prada and Schiaparelli which opens on May 10, 2012
Whatever happens, there is no doubt that I'll be making LOTS of mistakes this year.... I'm dreaming big!